The Spring 2021 issue of freshAAIR™ Magazine – our digital magazine for people with asthma and allergies – is available!
This special issue includes tips and information to help you improve your indoor air quality for a healthier home. It also highlights our asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program. The Certification Program helps people make informed purchases for a healthier home.
Even if a product is labeled “hypoallergenic” or “asthma and allergy friendly,” it doesn’t mean it’s been tested to prove this claim. Many times, these are just used as marketing terms. People with asthma and allergies need to know the products they use can actually help them manage their symptoms. The Certification Program tests and certifies household products and services against strict standards. If the products and services pass the tests, they earn the CERTIFIED asthma & allergy friendly® mark.
- How air ventilation plays an important role in reducing the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19
- How the term “hypoallergenic” can’t always be trusted
- Ways schools can manage COVID-19 and asthma
- What volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are and how they can affect people with asthma
- Sources of air pollution in your home
- CERTIFIED products guide
- How to improve your indoor air quality
- Humidity’s role in asthma and allergy management
- Information about vacuum certifications
- How the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification process works to ensure products can reduce your exposure to asthma and allergy triggers