Skip to main content

Where should I move to help my allergies?

AAFA's "Ask the Allergist" is a free service provided by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). Our allergist will answer your questions about asthma and allergies. We provide only general advice about managing asthma or allergies, medicines and treatments. "Ask the Allergist" does not answer questions about specific consumer products. This information is not a substitute for medical advice from your physician. Always talk with your doctor before changing your asthma or allergy management plan.

You can submit your own question to "Ask the Allergist."

Title Image
Can you tell me which states are best to live in for people with allergies --especially for people with allergic fungal sinusitis?

Allergists typically do not recommend moving to a new location to escape your allergy triggers.

Individuals with allergic rhinitis (allergies) may develop new allergic triggers after moving to a new location. I would recommend discussing your symptoms with a board-certified allergist who can discuss treatment options before considering a move. If you consider moving, spend some time in the new location but understand allergy symptoms can develop after living there for some time.

More information can be found here and here.

Allergy, Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Answered by

Douglas T. Johnston D.O. FAAAAI, FACAAI

Reviewed and Answered

Add Comment

Link copied to your clipboard.