Valentine's Day is the time of year when you show your loved ones how much they mean to you. However, many typical gifts and activities can be asthma or allergy triggers. #TealLove means choosing gifts that are allergy and asthma friendly.
How can you pledge your #TealLove to someone with asthma and allergies on Valentine's Day?
- Promote asthma and allergy awareness with our #TealLove awareness ribbon. Download the image to use as your profile picture and share on social media.
- Skip gifts that are common allergens or asthma triggers. Your sweetheart won't appreciate a bottle of perfume or a beautiful bouquet that makes them sneeze and wheeze. Instead, choose safer gifts.
If your sweetheart has food allergies, be sure to avoid them and learn how to read labels. Consider making a safe meal. Plan the menu around a "red" or "heart-shaped" theme. Check out Kids With Food Allergies' Allergy-Friendly Valentine's Day Recipes for some delicious ideas.
- Learn about the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program and how it can help you make informed choices on the best products for your family. Proper asthma and allergy management involves more than taking your medicines. You also have to think about the quality of the air where you spend your time. You may have heard that you should reduce the allergens in your home, such as your bedroom. That’s a great start. But that’s only a part of what it takes to create healthy indoor air.
- Learn more about managing asthma. People with asthma and the people who care about them can learn more about managing asthma with AAFA's online ASTHMA Care course. Knowing how to manage your asthma can help you control your asthma so you can do more things that you and your sweetheart enjoy.
ASTHMA (Asthma Symptoms, Treatment, Health Management and Activities™) Care for Adults is a FREE self-paced course that helps adults and their caregivers learn how to manage asthma. It covers asthma basics, recognizing symptoms and triggers, asthma action plans and an overview of different types of asthma medicines. Sign up today!
- Pledge your #TealLove by making a donation in honor of someone with asthma and allergies. When you send a gift to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, every donation helps our efforts to raise awareness about asthma and allergies and to educate and support people living with these conditions.