Here are five asthma & allergy friendly® tips for a healthier home for the holidays.
- Wear a mask while dusting off decorations. Dust them outside or in your garage to prevent bringing dust in the house.
- Think about your allergies and asthma triggers when choosing a holiday tree or wreath. Real live trees and wreaths can have pollen and mold spores all over them. But fake trees can be covered in dust and irritants.
- If you have pets, clean your floors often with a CERTIFIED asthma & allergy friendly® vacuum. If your pets are inside more because of colder weather, so is more of their dander and fur.
- Remove your shoes at the door so you don’t bring mold and pollen into your home.
- Use CERTIFIED asthma & allergy friendly® air cleaners to help remove dust and other particles from the air in rooms with a lot of decorations. Good indoor air ventilation is also important to reduce the spread of the coronavirus (the virus that causes COVID-19).
Have a Healthier Home All Year Long
Our Healthier Home Checklist has interactive tips to help you learn ways to improve your indoor air quality and reduce asthma and allergy triggers in each room of your home. Roll over each room of the house for tips for each area of your home.