The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) recently announced our new website. We updated the look of our food allergy division, Kids with Food Allergies (KFA), too!
Through KFA, it is our mission to save lives and reduce the burden of food allergies through support, advocacy, education, and research. We have redesigned the KFA logo, our website, and our Safe Eats® Allergy-Friendly Recipe Collection to better help families manage their children’s food allergies with confidence.
We redesigned the KFA website to improve accessibility and support for people managing food allergies. Here are some of the changes you may notice:
- An updated design
- A new logo
- Easier-to-read text
- Streamlined menu navigation
- Improved search function
Children are at the heart of our work, and food allergies affect children of all populations and ages. We worked with Farida Zaman, an artist who specializes in children’s book illustrations, to create fun and diverse representations of children of various ages and cultures that we have incorporated into our new brand.
Members of the KFA online community will also notice a new look, including:
- Streamlined menu navigation – all content including forum topics, blogs, and surveys will be under one menu item titled “Posts”
- New subgroups will be easier to find and join
- A weekly “What’s New” digest email with a personalized summary of trending posts, upcoming events, and content by people you follow (watch for more information soon on how you can change your notifications)
Our goal is that the new kidswithfoodallergies.org will be a lively and inclusive hub for expanding the awareness and understanding of food allergies. KFA's website offers:
- Evidence-based information to help people manage food allergies
- A free, online support community to connect with other people who live with food allergies
- Updates about KFA’s projects, research, and advocacy efforts
- Resources for stakeholders, such as health care providers, community health organizations, and advocates, seeking to improve health outcomes
Check out the new kidswithfoodallergies.org. Along with AAFA’s new site, KFA’s new brand is another step in our efforts to serve as a vital lifeline to people managing asthma and allergies.
Your support makes it possible for us to provide life-saving and life-changing programs for people living with asthma and allergies. Please consider a gift to AAFA to help us continue to fulfill our mission and be a lifeline of support for years to come.