The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) is turning 70 years young in 2023! To celebrate, we’re making changes to better serve our community and promote health equity.
We’ve updated our brand to more fully embody our mission and values and represent the people living with asthma and allergies.
We asked for feedback from our patient community, health care providers, and other AAFA stakeholders. Based on that feedback, we redesigned the AAFA website to improve accessibility and support for people with asthma and allergies.
Here are some of the changes you may notice:
- An updated design
- Easier-to-read text
- Streamlined menu navigation
- Improved search function
Members of our online community will also notice a new look. On the community you will find:
- Streamlined menu navigation – all content including forum topics, blogs, and surveys will be under one menu item titled “Posts”
- New subgroups will be easier to find and join
- A weekly “What’s New” digest email with a personalized summary of trending posts, upcoming events, and content by people you follow (watch for more information soon on how you can change your notifications)
Our goal is that the new aafa.org will be a unifying and inclusive hub for expanding the awareness and understanding of asthma and allergies. Our website offers:
- Evidence-based information to help people manage asthma and allergies
- A free, online support community to connect with other people who live with asthma and allergies
- Updates about AAFA’s projects, research, and advocacy efforts
- Resources for stakeholders, such as health care providers, community health organizations, and advocates, seeking to improve health outcomes
Our dedication to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease for people with asthma and allergies through support, advocacy, education, and research remains the same. AAFA’s new brand is another step in our efforts to achieve our mission as well as our vision to be recognized as the most trusted ally serving the asthma and allergy community.
Your support makes it possible for us to provide life-saving and life-changing programs for people living with asthma and allergies. Please consider a gift to AAFA to help us continue to fulfill our mission and be a lifeline of support for years to come.