Sadly, nearly 4,000 people die each year from asthma and food allergies. But many of these deaths are preventable. Your year-end gift to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America can save lives. You can help us save lives by supporting AAFA’s education, community, advocacy and research programs. These efforts raise public awareness of asthma and get help to people who need it.
In 2019, you’ve already helped us:
- Supply products to families with asthma to improve indoor air quality in homes in the Washington, D.C. area
- Update and distribute vital asthma education through our ASTHMA Care for Adults program and Asthma Management Education for allied health care providers
- Help communities understand the impact of asthma and allergies through our Allergy Capitals™ and Asthma Capitals™ reports
- Develop the 2019 State Honor Roll of Asthma and Allergy Policies for Schools to rank states with the best school policies for people with asthma and related allergic diseases
- Publish the parent perspectives detailed in the My Life With Food Allergy study to highlight the social, emotional and financial burden of living with food allergies
- Launch one of the nation’s only severe asthma education programs
- Grow our online communities so people can share their experiences in an encouraging environment
- Create and share evidence-based educational materials for both patients and health care providers to help people effectively manage their asthma and allergies
- Deliver the patient voice to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding sesame allergen labeling, eczema and food allergy treatments
- Advocate for safer and more inclusive airline travel by addressing animals on planes and encouraging airlines to stock epinephrine auto-injectors on planes
- Build a chatbot to provide 24/7 service to help people learn more about health insurance and asthma
These are just a few things we were able to do this year for the asthma and allergy community because of you.
But there is more for us to do to significantly reduce the burden of these diseases on people with asthma and allergies. And we can with your help.
Please give generously so we can continue to work to reduce asthma deaths and educate, advocate and support cutting-edge research that will allow people with asthma to have a better quality of life. You can make your donation online at aafa.org/give.
If you prefer to mail a check instead of giving online, postmark your gift by Dec. 31, 2019, and send to:
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
PO Box 424053
Washington, DC 20042
Information: AAFA's Tax ID is #13-1691693. Kids With Food Allergies is a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. If you have any questions, contact AAFA at 800-7-ASTHMA.
Fiscal Responsibility: For more than 60 years, AAFA has been a leader in nonprofit fiscal responsibility and management. AAFA is a proud member of the National Health Council, Medical Research Charities, the BBB Giving Wise Alliance. In 2019, AAFA earned Guidestar’s Platinum Seal of Transparency.