Advocating for people with asthma and allergies is a great way to spread awareness during National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. We invite you to join us for Advocacy Action Day!
Today, we ask you to help us tell Congress what people with asthma and allergies need to live full, healthy lives. More than 65 million Americans have asthma and allergies. And some people may have one or both of these conditions for which there is no cure.
- About 25 million Americans have asthma
- 32 million Americans have food allergies
- 24 million Americans have hay fever, rhinitis, or nasal allergies
These numbers paint a picture of how many people in the U.S. are managing asthma and allergies. But they don’t show the overall impact these diseases have on people and communities.
We need Congress to consider our health in all policies, not just health care policies. People with asthma and allergies in the United States need the following to live healthy and full lives:
- Affordable, accessible, quality health care
- Clean air
- Healthy homes
- Safe food
- Financial stability
Let Congress know about the impact of asthma and allergies and how the policies they create can make a difference. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) is offering simple way to help you contact your representatives.
Using our tool below, you can add your personal story, send a tweet, and even record a short video message.
Sign up to receive AAFA’s Advocacy Action Alerts!
Would you like to help us advocate on future issues that affect people with asthma and allergies? We have two ways you can sign up to receive Advocacy Action Alerts.
- Text “AAFA” to 313131 to receive Advocacy Action Alerts and updates via text.
- Join our online community. Not only will you receive Advocacy Action Alerts, but you’ll also be able to talk with other people managing asthma and allergies on our support forums. You’ll also get alerts about other news about managing your conditions, research, and news.