May is National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. Join us as we raise awareness about asthma and allergies. More than 26 million people in the U.S. with asthma. Ten people die every day from asthma. But with the right education and treatment, the deaths are preventable. Together, we can educate others about the seriousness of asthma.
Change Your Profile Picture
Change your profile image to one of our awareness ribbons or add a Facebook Frame or Twibbon to show you support asthma and allergy awareness.
- Download and use one of our Awareness Ribbons
- Add an Awareness Ribbon or reminder that Every Day, Asthma Takes #10TooMany Lives Facebook Frame to your existing profile pic. You can also find them in “camera effects” on Facebook
- Add a Twibbon to your Twitter profile image
Ready-to-Tweet Asthma Facts
Here are some quick awareness messages and asthma facts that you can tweet to spread awareness:
- There is no cure for #asthma. The best way to manage asthma is to avoid triggers, take medicine to prevent symptoms and prepare to treat attacks. Learn how with AAFA's ASTHMA Care online course: https://ctt.ec/V46La+ via @AAFANational Tweet This
- Over 60 million people in the US have asthma and allergies. These conditions impact every aspect of life but don't have to define you. You are #morethanasthma morethanasthma.org via @AAFANational Tweet This
- People with #asthma have concerns beyond their physical health. They may be burdened by financial impacts such as missed work days and the cost of medicine. https://ctt.ec/c4edo+ #morethanasthma via @AAFANational Tweet This
- Common #asthma symptoms are coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing and chest tightness. https://ctt.ec/f_35V+ via @AAFANational Tweet This
- An #asthma episode, also called an asthma flare-up or asthma attack can happen any time. Mild symptoms may only last a few minutes while more severe asthma symptoms can last hours or days. Learn more about asthma symptoms: https://ctt.ec/NG5bd+ via @AAFANational Tweet This
- Up to 60% of adults and 80% of kids with asthma also have allergies that trigger their asthma – also known as allergic asthma. https://ctt.ec/Q8j7H+ via @AAFANational Tweet This
- Kids with #asthma have concerns beyond their physical health. Kids miss more than 13.8 million school days. Tools to help manage asthma at school: https://ctt.ec/dlfTu+ #morethanasthma via @AAFANational Tweet This