AAFA co-hosted a bilingual Twitter chat to discuss Latinos & The Crisis of Air Quality at 1p EDT on World Asthma Day (May 2, 2017).
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Latinos and the Crisis of Air Quality”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludToday
- CO-HOSTS: Voces Verdes (@VocesVerdes), The California Air Resources Board (@AirResources), Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (@AAFANational)
- SPECIAL GUESTS: Clean Air Moms (@CleanAirMoms), Clean Air Moms in New York (@CleanAirMoms_NY), Clean Air Moms in Texas (@CleanAirMoms_TX)
- Optional hashtags: #WorldAsthmaDay #BeAirAware #AirQualityAwarenessWeek #Voces4Climate
Air pollution causes 7 million premature deaths a year, according to WHO data. It is linked to heart disease, stroke, cancer, asthma and even diabetes in kids.