Join the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), American Lung Association, Allergy & Asthma Network and GroundTruth Films for a virtual film screening of “Asthma Alley,” a short documentary that follows a young teen with asthma and her classmates in the South Bronx, a neighborhood known for extraordinarily high rates of asthma.
Following the film will be a panel discussion geared toward people with asthma. Hear from the filmmaker and additional expert health voices about the intersection of air pollution, asthma, health inequities and climate change. The discussion will also identify ways for people to protect themselves and ways everyone can help protect healthy air for all.
The webinar will occur on Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. ET.
It will include:
- Welcoming remarks
- Special virtual screening of short documentary, “Asthma Alley”
- Panel discussion moderated by Lyndsay Alexander, National Assistant Vice President, American Lung Association, featuring:
- Beth Murphy, Director, GroundTruth Films
- Mychal Johnson, Co-Founder, South Bronx Unite
- Albert Rizzo, MD, Chief Medical Officer, American Lung Association
- Melanie Carver, Vice President, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Charmayne Anderson, Director of Advocacy, Allergy & Asthma Network