Skip to main content

Add Comment

Comments (12)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

she's a girl. But yes she has to wear a mask about because she has so many environmental triggers.

Jimbb posted:

A question, does she have to wear this mask every day when she is out? Or just when triggers are high? Does she get made fun of by other kids? OK, 3 questions. 

Shes a girl. She does have to wear a mask out. Because she has so many triggers, more so spring time. She does get picked on and bullied by kids because some thing she's dying. Adults stare a lot . She's blessed though

P
Kathy P posted:

Sorry about that! I shouldn't look at photos on my phone without my glasses!

Has her doc suggested ways to pretreat before going outside or exercising? Here is some info on exercise induced asthma - http://www.aafa.org/page/exercise-induced-asthma.aspx My daughter has that too and we worked with the doc to try different things so she could participate in karate classes. She still struggled at times, but was able to become a black belt!

Yes she pretreats but still has issues so outside doesn't work at all. She has been able to take a Dane class for 30 mins a week. Hoping the summer allows her to do two 1 hour sessions a week. Congratulations on your daughter's  black belt. That's awesome. We are inspired. 

P

Sorry about that! I shouldn't look at photos on my phone without my glasses!

Has her doc suggested ways to pretreat before going outside or exercising? Here is some info on exercise induced asthma - http://www.aafa.org/page/exercise-induced-asthma.aspx My daughter has that too and we worked with the doc to try different things so she could participate in karate classes. She still struggled at times, but was able to become a black belt!

Kathy P
Kathy P posted:

Welcome @pinkladycha. Wearing a mask is a great idea for controlling inhaled triggers. Does that help your son stay active?

It's my daughter but she has bad allergies too that trigger her asthma. She isn't very active because her asthma is triggered by physical activity. She's only rode her bike once this year and that was that day. We generally have a high pollen count so we had to make sure she was covered for her 30 mins of play lol. 

P
Link copied to your clipboard.