How to Share Your Stories and More with the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
Want to share your story about living with asthma and allergies? We welcome you to participate on our community in any of these ways:
- Connect with other people in our supportive and private community forums.
- Upload your photos and videos and take part in our surveys.
- Want to do more? We welcome guests on our blogs.
How to submit a blog post to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America:
We would love to read your stories about:
- Your experiences living with and managing asthma and allergies
- How you have advocated for change, which then improved the lives of others with asthma and allergies
Read these guidelines before you send us a blog post:
- We accept original posts that have not been previously published elsewhere.
- Keep your posts between 500 to 1000 words.
- AAFA is a trustworthy site for health and medical information. If you include a medical reference or statistic to make a point, please include the citation so we can see the source.
- We do not accept posts that make medical claims and/or include your opinion about health information. Our Medical Scientific Council reviews and/or writes the health information on our site.
- We may edit your post for our editorial style and guidelines, readability, accuracy, length or more (but not tone or voice).
- Proofread and edit before you hit send.
- We encourage you to include a photo (without a watermark).
- Add a short paragraph about yourself and a headshot, if you have one. We will link to your blog/website in your biography.
- We may decide, after reading your submission, that we’d like to do something different with it, such as interviewing you or folding your submission into something else.
- We will send you the link when the post is live so you can share it.
- Our readers may post questions or comments regarding your post. The more you reply personally, the more people will want to read your future blogs with us.
We want your guest blog post to be successful. For this reason, we require that your post be original content that is published only by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. Search engines will penalize if content is duplicated on multiple sites. When you submit your story, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service.