AAFA has joined with four other nonprofit organizations that serve people with eczema to launch “More Than Skin Deep.” This project will inform and shape the development of treatments for eczema.
A main part the project is a patient-focused drug development (PFDD) meeting on Sept. 23, 2019, in Washington, D.C. It will give the eczema community a chance to speak directly to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) staff, researchers, drug manufacturers and other key stakeholders.
The PFDD series began in 2013 as a way for the FDA and researchers to better understand:
- The burden of living with a specific medical condition
- What patients value most from treatment benefits
- How patients feel about risks and side effects
The “More Than Skin Deep” initiative is the first of its kind for eczema. Help us make it as powerful as possible by sharing your perspective.
There are three ways to get involved:
- Take the “More Than Skin Deep” survey. Your input will shape the discussion and will be included in the report that follows the meeting.
- Tell us you’d like to attend the Sept. 23 meeting in person. Register and complete a brief questionnaire. You’ll help us ensure that participants reflect the full range of diverse experiences in the eczema community. Travel support is available.
- RSVP to participate via live webcast on Sept. 23. You’ll be part of the discussion via live polling and chat features.
This project is a landmark event for the community and for PFDD. There have been more than 50 PFDD meetings held so far, and we aim to make the “More Than Skin Deep” initiative the biggest and most impactful yet.
Please be part of this landmark effort by getting involved. Your voice and perspective are essential for us to demonstrate that eczema is “more than skin deep.”